Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Suit Has Saled, Sir

, , , , | Right | February 27, 2018

(My company makes custom suits. Customers place orders for suits and a few weeks later, the suit is made and shipped to them. We always have different sales going on. I am the manager on duty one night in late September when a customer calls.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Store]. How can I help you?

Customer: “Hi, I just picked up a suit for a wedding that I am in this weekend. I placed the order in August. I just got an email saying you are having a sale on the type of suit I just picked up.”

Me: “Yes, we just started a new sale this week, so we were reaching out to let you know, in case you wanted to order again.”

Customer: “Well, I am very upset that no one told me this sale was going on when I originally bought the suit.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but you placed the order last month, when there was a different sale going on. Looking at your order, I see that you received a discount.”

Customer: “But this is a better deal! I think it was dishonest of you that no one told me about this sale.”

Me: “I’m very sorry, but our sales change all the time. When you placed the order over a month ago, we did not know this sale was going to happen. But you did receive a discount on your original order.”

Customer: “Well, I still am upset. You can see why I’m upset.”

(I apologized again and he hung up. I guess he didn’t understand that he got a sale, and if he had waited until now to order, he would never have received the suit in time for his wedding!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!