Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 18

, , , | Right | September 30, 2022

I get a call from a lady.

Caller: “Is my phone ready to pick up? You were repairing it.”

I check.

Me: “It is indeed ready for your husband to pick up.”

Caller: *Becomes irate* “Why the f*** does it need to be my husband?!”

Me: “We have a strict policy on store pick-ups to avoid customer and legal issues. It’s your husband’s name on the service ticket.”

Caller: “My husband is a doctor! He’s helping all sorts of elderly who have slipped and hurt themselves on the ice!”

It’s early summer, and we haven’t had any ice since February, but okay. After explaining to her that we can only give the phone to the person who has their name on the service ticket, she begins to try her hand at insults.

Caller: “You are all just a bunch of dumb-a** eight-dollar-an-hour employees!”

Me: “Actually, ma’am, we make $8.50.”

I eventually go and talk to a manager. After hearing the name, he decides to make an exception (since they are in the process of buying $6,000 worth of home theater equipment). He says to just change the name on the ticket to whoever she wants to pick it up.

After informing her that we are prepared to make an exception, she says:

Caller: “Oh, no, thanks! It’s my husband’s day off. We’re just going to come in and do some other shopping.”

Related:
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 17
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 16
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 15
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 14
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 13

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!