Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not The Milk Of Human Kindness

, , , , | Right | October 11, 2018

I am cabin crew (steward) for a UK based airline, and overall, things don’t really bother me that much. I do believe that people can’t be the personalities they display during the flights, as often common sense is not applied.

Naturally, you get the same reply ‘what do you have’ when you’re asking them what they’d like to drink. I don’t mention the whole contents of the bar anymore, knowing that another 50 passengers are going to ask me the same question, always ending up asking for a soda or a glass of water in the end, so now I just reply what they usually have around this time of day.

One occasion still stands clear though, and I’m still as baffled as the day it happened. I was working in first class and a female passenger, around my own age, asked me for a coffee with cream. Nothing unusual, except for the fact that we don’t carry cream and only have plain milk, and so I replied that unfortunately, it had to be milk. Her reply to me was, “why don’t you go into the toilet and make me some cream.”

I was gobsmacked, didn’t know what to reply, felt like saying that with her face on my retina it was not going to be possible, but reconsidered and just walked off.

Obviously she thought that she was being funny but it was the most outrageous and disgusting comment I have ever witnessed. Clearly money can’t buy manners.


This story is part of our Terrible Airline Passengers roundup!

Read the next Terrible Airline Passengers roundup story!

Read the Terrible Airline Passengers roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!