Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No ID, No Idea, Part 45

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: jordwn | September 15, 2021

I am working in the money center of a large retail store. A lady comes up and asks for a $1,000 money order. The system comes up with the screen for me to scan her ID, because any money order that is $1,000 or more requires it, so I ask the lady for her ID.

Customer: “Since when do I need an ID for a money order?”

Me: “Well, since the money order is for $1,000, our system requires we have your ID in order to proceed with the transaction.”

Customer: “But my ID is in the car.”

Me: “I can’t continue the transaction without your ID.”

Customer: “But my picture is on my debit card!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but that doesn’t count. I have to have an actual ID.”

Customer: “We can just do two separate money orders for $500 each.”

Me: “No, ma’am, we can’t do that, either. Our policy states that all money orders for the same person must be done in a single transaction, so I would still need your ID.”

The woman storms out. I go back to the service desk and help get the line down over there. The woman comes back in and asks my manager what the most she can get on a money order is without her ID, and my manager tells her $999. Someone else needs a money order so I head back to the money center to help them, and the woman follows shortly behind. I finish up with the other customer and the woman comes back to the counter.

Customer: “I need a money order for $1,000.”

Me: “Okay, can I see your ID?”

Customer: “Here!”

She slams her ID down on the counter.

Customer: “I can’t believe you made me walk all the way out to my car over one f****** dollar.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, that’s just the policy.”

She continues talking about me to herself. I just ignore her and finish up the money order.

Me: “All right, there you go. Thank you and have a great night!”

She starts to walk off but decides to be a complete a**hole, instead. She slams the money order down on the counter and begins yelling at me.

Customer: “Put it in my hand! Put it in my f****** hand since you wanna sit there and treat me like a dog!”

What?! I just decide it would be best to just ignore her and keep walking back to the service desk. Wrong.

Customer: “That’s right, walk away, you nasty white b****!”

Me: “Excuse me? Let me go grab my manager really quick.”

The customer ran out of the store before I could make it around the corner to my manager. I went and told my manager, and she tried to chase her down because she’s not afraid of getting fired for talking back to a customer and she doesn’t let anyone treat her employees like that. Unfortunately, she didn’t catch her. All of that over having to walk out to your car in the parking lot because YOU didn’t have your ID? I will never understand people.

Related:
No ID, No Idea, Part 44
No ID, No Idea, Part 43
No ID, No Idea, Part 42
No ID, No Idea, Part 41
No ID, No Idea, Part 40

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!