Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No ID, No Idea, Part 42

, , , | Right | March 3, 2021

I am working a seasonal position as a cashier at a resort town grocery store. Our store requires a valid ID on all checks and has been that way since the opening. I have finished ringing up the order and ask how the customer will pay.

Customer: “I’ll pay with a check.”

Me: “Okay, may I see an ID with the check?”

Customer: “Why? They don’t make me do that.”

Me: “Sir, it’s our store policy.”

Customer: “No, it’s not. I’ve been coming to this store since it opened, and it’s never been like that! Where is the notice of change?”

Keep in mind, I was trained to handle policy questions.

Me: “Sir, it has been that way since the store opened, and here is the notice.”

I reach around to the front of the register and point to the General Notice board where it clearly states the same thing. He tries to argue, but I keep reiterating my last statement.

Me: “Sir, if you are upset, you can speak to a manager, but it will be a wait as they are all busy.”

Customer: “Fine. But I’ll be calling corporate about this.”

Corporate gave him the same answer he gave me. I never saw the guy in the store again as long as I worked there.

Related:
No ID, No Idea, Part 41
No ID, No Idea, Part 40
No ID, No Idea, Part 39
No ID, No Idea, Part 38
No ID, No Idea, Part 37

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!