Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No ID, No Idea, Part 37

, , , , , | Right | October 4, 2018

(I am a service leader at my local grocery store. Service leaders are in charge of getting breaks done on time, handling alcohol and tobacco sales, and answering whatever questions our cashiers have. We have to ID anyone who we believe is under the age of 30 for tobacco and 45 for alcohol, and if there are multiple people in a group I need all IDs, unless it is clearly a parent/child relationship. A cashier has to call us over whenever there is alcohol. A cashier calls me over to a group of eight twenty-something kids, with nine types of beer.)

Me: “Hi, how are you all doing today?”

Customer #1: “Good!” *hands his ID to me*

Me: “Thank you! But I need everyone’s ID.”

Customer #2: “But he has his!”

Me: “I know, but in a group I need everyone’s ID.”

Customer #1: “Guys, go get your IDs.”

(The other seven customers leave, and my cashier and I cash out the rest of the order and chit-chat with the first customer. A few minutes later, four of the group comes back.)

Customer #3: “[Other Customer] had something to do, but here’s our IDs!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I have to decline the sale. There are three of you missing. And I needed everyone’s.”

([Customer #3] starts freaking out on my cashier and me, calling us b****es and w****s.)

Me: “Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to leave. I will not have that language around this store.”

(He turns in a huff and tries to take a twelve-pack of beer.)

Me: “Sir, you need to put that down before I call security!”

(He pouts, but puts the beer down. The first customer pays for the rest of his groceries.)

Customer #1: “So, can I buy this six-pack?”

(I’m looking this man straight in the eye, and he is dead serious.)

Me: “No, I cannot sell that to you. Have a good day.”

(He looked so confused as he was leaving my store.)

Related:
No ID, No Idea, Part 36
No ID, No Idea, Part 35
Has ID, Still No Idea

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!