Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills, Part 4

, , , , , | Right | October 5, 2020

I am working at the checkout.

Me: “Sir, your total is $75.55. Would you like to round up to $76 and support [Charity that supports veterans]?

Customer: “What? H*** no! I believe a person should be able to stand on their own two feet!”

Me: “Very well, sir.”

I don’t expect every customer to donate so I quietly move on. For this customer, however, I seem to have hit a nerve.

Customer: “It’s just un-American, it is! Begging for money!”

Me: “Please swipe your card, sir.”

He swipes his card as he continues ranting.

Customer: “Those d*** communists wouldn’t think twice about it! Those d*** Commie countries in Europe think they have all the answers!”

I have no idea how asking to round up his dollar has resulted in this rant about communism and Europe but I am glad the transaction is over.

Me: “Your receipt, sir. Have a nice day!”

Customer: “You agree, don’t you? People should be able to stand on their own two feet or get out of the country!”

Me: “Sir, the charity we are supporting in this store is for some people who, in defending this country, literally have no feet.”

Customer: “Well… I… uh…”

I turned to the next customer and started their transaction. The anti-communist stood there for a moment before deciding it was best to leave.

Related:
Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills, Part 3
Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills, Part 2
Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!