Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ma’am, You Clearly Have A Voice, Too!

, , , , , , | Right | January 17, 2024

I am in a butcher’s snack bar and have ordered lunch. As expected, the meat is very good, but the boiled potatoes I got as a side dish don’t taste good at all. They taste sour and soapy, as if they have gone off. After another bite or two, I realize that I don’t want to eat this, and I take my plate back to the counter to complain about the food. 

After some initial astonishment and disbelief, the employee tastes a tiny piece from the warming container.

Employee: *Grimacing* “Oh, dear, you’re absolutely right! They’re bad!”

Then, she takes the container, carries it away to dispose of the contents, and offers me a new meal with a different side dish. I decide on fried potatoes, and they are indeed delicious.

An elderly couple is sitting at the table next to me. They have been watching me throughout the whole process. As I gorge myself on my new portion, I hear a whisper:

Woman: “See, [Man], I told you there was something wrong with the potatoes!”

Man: *Grunt, grumble*

Woman: “We should have complained about them!”

Man: “Mmpf!”

Woman: “But no, you didn’t want to!”

Man: “…”

Woman: “And now we’ve been torturing ourselves with this stuff! And now I feel sick!”

Man: *Growl*

Woman: “And it’s only because you’re so stubborn!”

Man: “…”

Woman: “And a coward!”

I stopped listening to them and enjoyed my meal.

But this has shown me that not only are customers not always right, but sometimes they do things particularly wrong!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!