Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 6

, , , , , | Right | September 1, 2020

I’ve been delivering with a third-party food delivery app to earn some extra cash. Today, it is insanely hot. It is still around ninety degrees at six pm. As a result, most of my deliveries are for ice cream.

I get to the ice cream store and see a line outside. Due to the current health crisis, only a few people are allowed inside at a time.

The owner of the store is outside controlling the line and answering questions. He notices me standing there.

Owner: “Can I help you?”

Me: “Yeah, I’m picking up an Uber order for [Customer].”

Owner: “No problem. [Employee], can you get the order for [Customer]?”

As the employee walks inside, I see someone walk up and open the door to the restaurant. The owner stops him. 

Owner: “Can I help you?”

Other Delivery Driver: “Yeah, I’m picking up a [Third-Party Delivery] order. I’m going inside to get it.”

He continues to try to walk in.

Owner: “Sir! You have to wait out here; it’s too crowded.”

Other Delivery Driver: “No, it’s fine. I’m just picking up an order.”

Owner: “Yes, I know. One of my employees will be out and she’ll get it for you.”

Other Delivery Driver: “So, it isn’t ready?”

Owner: “No, dude, it’s probably ready. I’m just waiting for someone to grab it.”

Other Delivery Driver: “So, it’s not ready?”

Owner: “It’s ready! Just give me a minute.”

Other Delivery Driver: “F*** this. I’m not waiting for f****** ice cream. I’m canceling the order.”

Owner: “JUST WAIT ONE MINUTE! IT’S READY!”

Other Delivery Driver: “No, f*** this. You don’t know how to run a business. I’m canceling the order.”

He walked away. That whole thing took less than a minute. Right after he left, the employee came out with my order and I left. I feel bad for the guy’s customer. Hopefully, he wasn’t able to cancel the order and someone else picked it up for them.

Related:
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 5
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 4
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 3
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 2
Literally Scream For Ice Cream

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!