Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Stay Gay!

, , , | Right | September 2, 2020

We don’t really push it, but our store offers a survey at the bottom of the receipt. When people fill them out, the answers are sent directly to the managers. One day, a manager calls me over to her while she’s at the computer.

Me: “Hey, what’s up?”

Manager: “So, I’m required to talk to you any time a customer leaves a negative review and mentions you.”

I start to panic. I try to always be polite and help customers to the best of my ability.

Manager: “Don’t worry; you’re not in trouble. Not even a verbal warning. A customer said she heard you mention your girlfriend and said we need to fire you for being a… I’m not even gonna finish that.”

Me: “Really?”

Manager: “Yeah. I’d hate to have to fire half my store for being gay, especially since most of you guys are the best workers we have.”

Me: “Yeah.”

Manager: “I’m also supposed to talk to you on how to prevent this from happening again. But my only advice is to just stay gay. If customers have a problem with it, that’s their fault.”

I love my manager.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!