Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s The Season For No Seasoning

, , , , | Right | October 19, 2021

I work in the deli section of the supermarket. It’s connected with the butcher and fishmonger sections, so we cover each other’s breaks a lot. I’m covering the butcher counter when a middle-aged woman approaches the counter. I give her the stock greeting and ask what she needs.

Customer: “I need to make a complaint.”

Me: “Okay. The shop website has a complaint form, or you can fill one out at our help desk—”

Customer: *Interrupting me loudly* “Your chicken was terrible! It was bland and dry and awful. I demand my money back!”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. There isn’t a till here, so you have to—”

Customer: *Interrupting me again, now almost shouting* “I can’t believe you won’t stand by your products!”

She continues to raise her voice at me, attracting the attention of a manager, who comes over. The manager takes her to one side and gets her to lower her voice to a more normal volume which means I cannot hear her anymore.

Eventually, the woman stomps off in a huff toward the front of the shop where the customer service desk is. The manager shakes his head and comes over to me.

Manager: “She bought a chicken three days ago from the chilled aisle. She didn’t season it at all and then cooked it for over four hours. Where do these people come from?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!