Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Only Slander If You Weren’t Actually A Drunken Jerka**

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: Taylorsvillian69 | December 18, 2022

I work at a hotel that has several sister properties nearby. A fella got booted from one. Typically, once you’re kicked from one, you’re banned from all of the hotels under our ownership. Unfortunately, due to miscommunication, he ended up at our property last night. He caused a scene at the bar with other guests, was cut off, and screamed at the front desk because they would not sell him beer out of the suite shop after this.

He comes down to the desk this morning.

Guest: “I want to extend my reservation.”

I can smell the booze on his breath from the other side of the desk. I tell him no and why. He denies everything.

Guest: “You’re just going on hearsay from other people! It’s not the truth!”

I’m sure he was just too drunk to remember his actions.

Me: “I’m sorry, but you cannot stay at any of the other hotels in the area as you are now on the company-wide do-not-rent list.”

Fast forward to checkout time.

Guest: “Are you the one who told the other hotels not to rent to me?”

Me: “Yes.”

Guest: “I know the superior court judge of [County], and he owes me a favor. I want you to write down that you, [My Name], contacted other hotels and added me to the do-not-rent list. I’m going to press charges against you for slander!”

I impolitely told him:

Me: “F*** off. Go wait for your ride outside.”

I’d had enough.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!