Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It All Starts With Potatoes

, , , , , | Right | February 20, 2023

I work at a specific type of Brazilian restaurant called a churrascaria. I go around tables with different cuts of BBQ meat and occasional sides and give them out until the diners can’t eat anymore! It’s fun; you should try it!

A specific customer has been double-checking everything I serve.

Customer: “And what meat is this?”

Me: “These are chicken thighs, sir.”

Next round:

Customer: “And what meat is this?”

Me: “Beef.”

Rinse and repeat, until I come around with a bowl this time.

Customer: “And what meat is this?”

Me: “Sir, those are potatoes.”

Customer: “…”

Me: “…”

Customer: “That was a stupid question, wasn’t it?”

He looks at the table where the family is dining with him, and luckily, they haven’t noticed his question.

Customer: “I love potatoes! Give me ten!”

Me: “Sir, of course, I can if you like, but these are quite heavy, and more rounds of meat are—”

Customer: “I’ll take them!”

I think he might be doing it in some weird way of saving face, but the customer wants ten potatoes, so the customer shall have ten potatoes.

I come around with more meat and I see that only two potatoes have been eaten.

Customer: “It was probably stupid of me to ask for ten, wasn’t it?”

They finish eating and pay their bill. I notice that the customer has given me a 25% tip, with a note next to the tip line: “Thanks for not telling my wife.”

Customer’s Wife: “Oh, let me get a copy of the receipt.”

She reaches out and takes the receipt and sees the note on the tip line.

Customer’s Wife: “Honey, what is this?”

Customer: *To me* “In hindsight, considering my wife does our accounting, that wasn’t a wise thing to leave on my receipt, was it?”

Me: “Sir, you have to stop asking me these questions, or I’m going to have to answer honestly.”

They took the potatoes in a to-go box.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!