Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If You’re Going To Humble Brag, Make Sure It’s Worth Bragging About

, , , , , , | Learning | October 20, 2022

I am attending college and it is the beginning of the semester. Since it is the first day of classes, the professor is having all the students go around introducing themselves.

Student #1: *Bragging* “My name is [Student #1] and I’m eighteen. I’ve been on my own, relying on no one, since I was sixteen. I rent an apartment all by myself, and I’ve owned three cars!”

She looks around as if she’s expecting others to be impressed.

Student #2: “You’re eighteen and have already owned three cars?”

Student #1: *Giggling* “Well, I ruined the first two engines because I forgot to change the oil.”

There’s some awkward silence, so the next person introduces themselves.

Student #3: “My name is [Student #3] and I’m fifty years old, and even though I may have owned a few cars in my lifetime, I’ve never driven a car into the ground by forgetting basic maintenance.”

Cue snickering from other students. [Student #1] made a face but stayed quiet for the rest of the class. I think she ended up dropping the class; she never attended any more classes.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!