Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Voice Is At Eleven And So Is Your Opening Time

, , , , , , | Right | July 31, 2022

The store I work at is in a mall and has a gated entrance with glass windowfronts. It also opens an hour or two after the regular mall opens. I’m in early one Saturday morning to get some tasks done. I’m in the process of bringing things up to the mailbox behind the counter, and there’s a man standing outside the gate.

The man is on the phone. He’s all but yelling about how he buys and sells products, how he’s a wholesaler, yadda, yadda, all in this voice that clearly says, “How can you NOT believe me?! I’m a BIG SHOT!” At one point, he stops talking and then immediately says, “YOU’RE NOT LETTING ME FINISH!” He’s suddenly silent after this. I ignore him as best I can and dump the stuff in the mailbox before wandering off.

My back is turned, and the man suddenly yells at me.

Customer: “HEY! Are you open?”

There is no one else in the store, the gate is down and locked, and he’s yelling, I assume, because I’m far away. I turn around and move forward about ten feet.

Me: “We open at eleven.”

Customer: “It says you open at ten on the thing!”

Me: *Pauses* “What thing?”

The guy starts to play with his phone, and I realize we’ve had this issue before.

Me: “Sir, if you have a particular brand of phone, the information you have may be incorrect. We open at eleven on weekends.”

There’s a brief pause.

Customer: “So… are you gonna open?”

Me: “We open at eleven.”

And I wandered off.

Seriously, what the heck, dude?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!