Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 26

, , , , , , , | Right | July 31, 2022

California put out a new mask mandate for all businesses. At the time of this story, it had been in effect for almost an entire month.

I was on the door position on this particular day, which means I stood at the entrance to greet customers, scan their tickets if they had bought them online, and enforce the mask policy.

The day was slow, and I was bored until a maskless couple came in.

Me: “Hi, welcome to [Theater]! Would you like a mask?”

Wife: *Not stopping* “No, thanks.”

Me: *Following them* “It’s required.”

Wife: *Harshly* “No. Thanks.”

I walked back toward the front and handed the box of masks I was holding to my team lead. He then walked up to the couple, who had started ordering up at concessions.

Team Lead: “Ma’am, you and your husband have to wear masks or we’re going to have to ask you to leave.”

The couple immediately started arguing with not only him, but also with the assistant manager who came to back my team lead up.

After a bit, the wife stayed inside to argue with the assistant manager. Her husband stormed out toward the parking lot, leaving us with a truly astounding gem right before he exited.

Husband: “YOU’RE ALL SHEEP! BAAA! BAAAAA!”

I’ve never been more grateful for a mask than I was at that moment because it hid how hard I was trying not to laugh.

Related:
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 25
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 24
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 23
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 22
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 21

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!