Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Happy Meals Cost A Devil’s Ransom

, , , , , | Working | October 31, 2017

(Every year for Halloween, we have candy available for trick-or-treaters, but we never get very many. This year, one of my managers is mentioning our event to all the parents he sees. I am taking a customer’s order.)

Woman: “Hello, I was wondering, dear… Could I get some kid’s meals without Satan?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am?”

Woman: “We don’t want the Satan toys; we just want the regular Christian toys, if you don’t mind.”

(I realize she is talking about our Halloween theme toys and rush off to find some of our old toys instead. I get back and finish taking the customer’s order without incident. When I turn away, she comes back to the counter and approaches my manager.)

Woman: “Excuse me, sir? I forgot to ask for sauces for my kid’s meals.”

Manager: “Of course. Here you are, ma’am! Have you heard we are doing Trick-or-Treating this year? You could bring your kids down for some candy and games!”

(The woman throws the sauces at my manager and storms off.)

Manager: *bewildered* “What did I do?”

Me: “You just asked the woman who called our Halloween toys ‘Satan Toys’ if she would bring her kids here to celebrate Halloween!”


This story is part of our Devilish Halloween roundup!

Read the next Devilish Halloween roundup story!

Read the Devilish Halloween roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!