Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

H2-OMG!, Part 5

, , , , , , | Right | March 8, 2024

I work as a cashier for a small-town convenience store that closes at 7:00 pm. One hot summer evening at 6:55 pm, from my position at the register, I saw a car roll up and park in our otherwise empty parking lot. A man who was built like a brick s***house stepped out of the driver’s seat and walked into our store.

To the relief of everyone on the closing shift, he was here for one item — a twenty-four-pack of water bottles — and knew exactly where it was. He paid with a card that he had ready when I gave him his total and was out of the store by 6:59 with his pack of water hoisted over one shoulder. I watched this reasonable customer step toward his vehicle… and realized that there was someone crawling out of the driver’s seat with a bag in his hand.

The thief saw the customer coming and tried to run away.

The customer proceeded to pitch the water straight at the thief, hitting him with enough force to floor the b*****d and spill water all over the parking lot. I could tell that a few of the bottles had broken because the paving of our lot was bright enough for the dampness to noticeably darken it. The thief was stunned long enough for the customer to reclaim his bag and yell something that I couldn’t make out, prompting the thief to flee.

Once the thief was gone, the customer looked at his scattered water, looked at the store, and started to gather his spilled bottles.

I’m under strict orders not to let customers into the store after closing… but when the customer was finished gathering and came back to the door looking sheepish, I gladly made an exception and took my punishment for it.

Related:
H2-OMG!, Part 4
H2-OMG!, Part 3
H2-OMG!, Part 2
H2-OMG!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!