Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

H2-OMG!, Part 2

, , , | Right | November 22, 2021

It is approximately 1:00 am and I receive a call from a guest.

Guest: “Water is coming out of my shower.”

Me: *Confused* “I don’t understand. Can you explain?”

Guest: “The knob you pull out to start the shower has come out, and water is spraying out.”

I immediately inform the security guard and I run down to the room to investigate. I knock, the guest lets me in, and I run to the bathroom.

There is a beam of water coming out of the shower valve hole and it is hitting the back wall and spraying everywhere. The tub is plugged with the stopper, so in addition to this, the tub is about an inch from overflowing.

I quickly unplug the tub, grab the garbage can, remove the bag, and begin bucketing water into the toilet.

Me: *To the guest* “Call the front desk and ask the security guard to come down here straight away.”

The guest calls the desk and the guard comes down. I have the guard take over for me bucketing the water, and I run back to the front desk.

I look up the number for the main maintenance staff member and call him at home. His wife answers.

Wife: “He’s not home.”

Me: “I know for a fact that he is home. I just need to ask him a question, as we have a bit of a plumbing emergency.”

He is a good guy but gets calls like this frequently due to the state of the hotel. He comes to the phone.

Maintenance: “The water shutoffs in the hotel are in four-room sections. What room is the problem in?”

Me: “[Room number #1].”

Maintenance: “The shutoff you need to get to is upstairs from [room number #2].”

I ran down to this other room, soaking wet, at 1:15 am, knocked on the door, woke up the occupants, and explained that we were having a plumbing emergency. I ran to their bathroom, pushed through the drop ceiling in the bathroom, and shut off the water valve for that section of rooms.

The next day, they compensated all guests in rooms involved, and provided other rooms for them to shower in.

Related:
H2-OMG!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!