Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Everyone Loves A Parade (Especially One That Ends With Fried Food)

, , , , , , , | Right | December 9, 2023

It’s December 30th and my husband comes home, bringing Oliebollen — Dutch fried dough balls, a traditional New Year’s or fair food. He tells me the bakery only had Oliebollen with raisins, which he doesn’t like (and I do). I tell him not to worry; I saw our local supermarket had some, so I offer to get some while he gets a shower.

I walk to the supermarket, get a basket, and make my way through the crowd.

I hear a nearby woman talking to someone who I presume is her husband.

Woman: “Oh, I don’t think they have any Oliebollen anymore. I don’t see them anywhere.”

Me: “Oh, they are way in the back.”

Woman: “Are you sure?”

Me: “Heading there myself.”

Woman: “I’ll follow you! Come on, [Husband]!”

We continue, but the woman suddenly waves.

Woman: “[Woman #2]! [Woman #2]! This lady found the Oliebollen!”

Woman #2: “They still have them?! [Woman #3], they still have OIiebollen!”

Woman: “Come on, follow me!”

Random Man: “Wait, where did you say the Oliebollen were?”

Woman: “Come on, this lady will take us there!”

And that is how a crowd of about eight people followed me to the small Oliebollen stand in the back of the supermarket. I saw the young girl’s eyes grow; this must have looked quite intimidating to her. There was no line when we arrived, and I believe she was still packing Oliebollen after I left the store.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!