Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Email Fail, Part 35

, , , , | Right | October 28, 2021

Our store does not sell every product that is available on their website. Customers can order those products from the website and have them shipped to the store. These customers receive emails when their orders are confirmed, when the items are shipped, when they are ready for pickup, or if they have to be cancelled because the distribution center is out of stock. That really only happens when customers order extremely in-demand items the distribution center only receives limited quantities of. A customer comes one day to pick up an order but does not check in first, so I go up to his truck to get his name.

Customer: “The order is for [Customer’s First Name].”

Me: “I see a few orders for that name. Can I get a last name for your order?”

Customer: “It’s [Customer’s Last Name].”

Me: “I’m not seeing an order under that last name. Have you received an email saying your order is ready?”

Customer: “I got an email right here!”

He shows me an email. It says, “We have received your order. Shipping is expected between [date] and [date].” This is the confirmation email, not the “your order is ready” email.

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. That just shows that the website knows you placed an order. Did you get an email saying the item was here and ready for pickup?”

Customer: “I got an email. I just didn’t read it.”

He opens the second email, which states that the order was cancelled due to fulfilment issues.

Customer: “What’s that mean?”

Me: “It means it was out of stock.”

Customer: “The warehouse was out of stock? Then just go grab me one off the shelf.”

Me: “We don’t sell PS5s in store, sir. I can’t go get you one.”

Customer: “Well, how was I supposed to know you wouldn’t have it when it got here? I drove forty minutes to get it!”

I don’t know, open your emails? I suggested a Nintendo Switch, since we do sell those in store, but he wasn’t having it and drove away after flipping me off.

Related:
Email Fail, Part 34
Email Fail, Part 33
Email Fail, Part 32
Email Fail, Part 31
Email Fail, Part 30

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!