Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Deaf To Reason, Part 13

, , , , , | Right | January 16, 2021

I work in the local office of a major pest control company and handle all the usual calls from bills to cancellations.

Customer: “I want to cancel my service.”

Me: “I can definitely help you with that. May I have a reason for the cancellation?”

Customer: “Yeah, the tech never answers me when he’s facing away from me and I try to talk to him!”

I take a more careful look at the customer’s account, specifically who their regular service technician is, and I’m a bit dumbfounded. The customer’s technician is one of two of our techs who has severe hearing loss; this particular tech even has cochlear implants.

Me: “I’m sorry, [Customer], you said that [Tech] wasn’t responding to you when his back was turned?”

Customer: “That’s right!”

Me: “Are you aware that [Tech] is hearing impaired?”

Customer: “I know that! I still think it’s incredibly rude!”

I go straight past dumbfounded to agitated at that, and I say with all the icy politeness I can muster:

Me: “I’m so sorry about that. I’ll make sure your service is cancelled immediately.”

To this day, that is still the most obnoxious disregard for another’s person’s condition I’ve heard from one of our customers, and I hope no one ever tops it.

Related:
Deaf To Reason, Part 12
Deaf To Reason, Part 11
Deaf To Reason, Part 10
Deaf To Reason, Part 9
Deaf To Reason, Part 8

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!