Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Clicker Clumsiness And Mouse Mayhem

, , , , , | Working | June 8, 2023

Our office has a dedicated IT department, but it is severely understaffed, so sending in a ticket usually takes days before you get an answer. I’m known as the “Wiz Kid” of my team, so the less IT-savvy team members often first consult me before making a ticket for the IT department.

Coworker: “Hey, [My Name], I got a new mouse, but I have no idea how to connect it.”

Me: “I see it’s wireless. Is it Bluetooth?”

Coworker: “I have no idea. I just put the battery in it.”

I flip the mouse over and see two symbols on the battery cover. One is a battery symbol. The other looks… square? I remove the battery cover and immediately notice the square is a dongle/receiver.

Me: “Here you go.”

Coworker: “Oh, my gosh, that’s so embarrassing! Oh, my gosh, hahaha! Does it work now?”

I put the battery cover back and spot a little switch right above the cover with “on/off” written near it. I switch it to “on”.

Me: “It should.”

Lights go on, and my coworker laughs, feeling embarrassed. She thanks me and starts chatting with another coworker, repeating how stupid and silly she feels. After fifteen minutes:

Me: “Did you actually see what I did?”

Coworker: “Eh… no. I was too embarrassed to pay attention. What did you do?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!