Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Luring Me Into A False Sense Of Security, Eh?

, , , , | Working | June 7, 2023

I showed up for the job interview and was led into a room with a large round table and several people sitting there, chatting quietly. Assuming these were all candidates and that we were all waiting for a presentation before moving on to individual interviews, I casually sat down, drummed my fingers a little, and struck up a conversation with the person sitting next to me. I don’t remember what it was — football, sharing funny stories, etc. A few other people joined in on the conversation, and it was all pretty lighthearted.

Then, one of them spoke to the group.

Person: “Okay, we do have 1:00? Great! Let’s get started. I’m [Person], and I’m the HR manager!”

Then, they all went around the table, introducing themselves as people with high-ranking positions within the company. Oh, and the person I casually started chatting with? He just so happened to be the vice president of all people. Yeah.

I got the job, though! I’m just glad I didn’t get too relaxed and say something that otherwise wouldn’t have been appropriate to say in front of a board full of leaders!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!