Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And Now That Stupid “Frozen” Song Is Stuck In Our Heads Again!

, , , , | Right | April 19, 2023

I am a manager at a big box store. One of my employees comes up to me.

Employee: “That lady over there hates you.”

I scan the store, wondering who it could be. Everyone has been nice today, which is unusual. They actually said “Hi” back when I greeted them and listened to my little speech about the current sale, all without any issue. This was a minor miracle in and of itself, but apparently one of them is disguising a seething rage.

Employee: “I went up to this lady to ask her if she needed help, and she said she was fine but that she had an issue with someone who works here.”

My awesome associate remained professional and asked if there was anything she could do or if she could pass it up to the manager. The lady then responded that it was ME, the manager, with whom she had an issue.

This angry customer told my associate that EIGHT YEARS AGO — seriously? — I was the meanest, rudest thing on Earth. She went on to rant that she had canceled her card with us and stopped shopping with us all because of how horrible I was. (An interesting claim, since she was shopping with us when my employee approached her.) The angry customer also said that for years she has been campaigning to get me fired from the company and was shocked that I still worked for the company despite her many reports about me.

Now, I am in shock and awe.

Firstly, I don’t remember the lady at all.

Secondly, EIGHT YEARS?! She needs to move on with her life. She’s still shopping here, so I must not have done anything too horrible.

Thirdly, I would love to know exactly what I did.

Fourthly, I never heard anything about it from higher-ups or headquarters. I can only conclude that she didn’t actually call or “campaign” as she claimed. The company is pretty good about letting us know about complaints, including the ones that are utterly ridiculous and they have no intention of following up on. The ridiculous ones come in an email that professionally goes along the lines of, “This complaint is idiotic and we’re not doing anything about it; we’re just letting you know that this was a thing that happened. Frame it for your wall if you’d like.”

I can only guess that the woman made the entire thing up in her mind, because I’m still here, and I still am going great. I look forward to my next days off so I can just take a break from the insanity of whatever this was.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!