Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

12 Painfully Relatable Stories About Working From Home

| Right | June 24, 2021

Dear readers,

Today is National Work-From-Home Day in the United States! Due to recent… global events… working from home is more common than ever, but some of us have been at it for years. It does come with certain advantages. You can get away with much comfier clothes, you can relieve yourself in the comfort of your own bathroom, and you don’t have to deal with your coworker’s annoying habit of clipping their nails at their desk. (Who does that?!)

However, being physically removed from customers and coworkers doesn’t necessarily guarantee an escape from stupidity and annoyances, unfortunately. And sometimes those bothers come from inside the house!

In honor of all those reporting from the home office, whether they be Zoom call newbies or Skype session veterans, we’ve assembled twelve stories from our archives about the perils of working from home!

 

Applicants Who Don’t Apply Themselves – Working from home really isn’t for everyone. Especially not these people.

Working From Home Isn’t Working – And I thought my mother’s constant phone calls during work hours were annoying…

A Hot Slice Of Justice, Part 4 – God help the poor pizzeria employee who has to deal with her later.

Wish You Were At Your Desk So You Could Head-Desk It – You have to actually read the tickets before you respond to them!

A Whisker Away From Insanity – Check out this story’s comments for more puns and, even better, pictures of people’s furbabies!

Lost In Their Own Translation – The best part about working from home is that when you get a customer like this, you can scream without disturbing your coworkers.

Wireless, Clueless, Hopeless, Part 27 – The wind keeps blowing out the pilot light in her brain.

I Sure Am, Lady Cat – I refer to my cat as the Office Supervisor. Also, more kitty pictures in the comments! Go look!

Scamming Is A Family Business – Even when you’re off-shift, the scammers can still find you.

Doggo Is Uncomfortable When We Are Not About Doggo – This story’s comments contain shockingly few pictures of doggos. Feel free to fix that, dear readers!

Acting Neighborly Ain’t Worth Spit – A disadvantage to working from home: no security or receptionist to keep these weirdos away from you.

No Argument From Us – Some work interruptions are undeniably cute. This is one of them.

 

We hope you enjoyed this Working-From-Home-themed roundup! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

10 Relatable Stories About Housework And How To Avoid It

 

10 Stories About Nothing! (Okay, It’s Actually About Lazy Employees)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!