Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Have Blue On De Ting, So You Must Work Here!

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: LeBlueSpud | November 18, 2022

My fiancé and I are huuuuge gamers, and we moved to a city that had an [Electronics Chain] pretty close. My fiancé and I visited quite a bit. That day, I was wearing a plaid shirt, some blue jeans, sneakers, and the star of the show… my favorite blue beanie!

At this chain, the uniforms are blue polos with store logos and black slacks.

I was looking through the games while my fiancé was a few aisles over looking at the records. All of a sudden, a wild manchild appeared!

I was trying to decide which RPG I wanted to buy to put on my shelf and MAYBE play in the next year. I was literally sitting on the floor; I’m tall so it hurts to lean over to see the bottom shelves)

I heard someone behind me and didn’t really think much of it as the store was decently packed.

Man: “Hey, I need to get a laptop out of the lockup. I’ve been waiting by them and no one has helped me yet.”

I was still on the floor with my head in the game racks, sifting through poorly organized games. I didn’t even notice that he was talking to me, as an employee had JUST asked me if I needed help about two minutes before. I figured he was talking to the same employee.

Man: “Hellloooo? Are you going to help me or just waste my time?”

I realized that something was going on, so I glanced behind me, thinking an employee was being rude. Meanwhile, this guy was MAYBE two feet right behind me, so when I turned around to look, I just had some random dude’s crotch in my face. I looked up to see why he was so close.

He was wearing a baseball cap, brown work pants, a white shirt, and a blue jacket, and he had a look of pretentiousness on his face, kind of like his time was worth more than a peasant’s life.

Man: “Finally, you get your head out of your a**! Now hurry up! My wife is still waiting and I need a laptop for my son.”

I finally stood up, not only because of the view I was forced to see, but because my fight or flight kicked in for a moment. As soon as I stood up, I backed away a good six feet or so and just looked at him, trying to figure out how to respond.

Man: “What, are you going to run away because I asked for help? Why did they hire an idiot like you?!”

I responded under my breath, slightly staggering my words.

Me: “But I don’t work here…”

Man: “What was that? C’mon, be a big boy and speak up!”

Me: *A bit louder but still quiet* “I don’t work here; I’m just looking at games.”

This whole time, I was just in a mental whirlwind as to why this was happening. I was not in a uniform, nor was I organizing anything. I was just flipping through games. At the same time, my anxiety was telling me to run to my fiancé and hide.

Man: “You don’t work here?”

Me: “No, I’m sorry.”

Man: “Why are you wearing a blue beanie, then?! F*** you! You wasted so much of my f****** time!”

He stormed off to find an actual employee, and I just sat there trying to figure out why a blue beanie of all things made him think I worked there. After being confused for a bit, I basically ran to find my fiancé.

After finding him, I told him all that happened, and I could see both confusion and anger slowly come over his face, followed by a very pissed, “F*** no!” Then, he stormed off while I started to realize what or who he was going toward.

I was still incredibly highly anxious over it, so I tried to talk him down as he walked toward the man. He had asked what the guy looked like, and stupid me didn’t know why until it was too late.

My fiancé is the sweetest man ever, but when it comes to me, he is very protective. He is a very tall Nordic man with a full beard and can be pretty intimidating when angry.

He walked up to the man, who was now with an actual employee getting his laptop out of the cases. Meanwhile, I hide in an aisle while still keeping an eye on him.

Fiancé: *To the man* “Hey! I have been waiting forever, and you are just sitting here talking to your friend?!”

The poor employee looked beyond confused as to what was happening but just kept out of it.

Man: “What the f*** are you talking about?! Who even are you?”

Fiancé: “A customer! So, are you going to help me, or are you just going to sit there with your thumb up your a**?”

Man: “Dude, are you stupid? I don’t work here, so f*** off!”

Fiancé: “Then why are you wearing a blue jacket?!”

The man went from pissed to confused really quickly.

Man: “Why would my jacket mean I work here?”

Fiancé: “I don’t know. You thought a beanie meant my fiancé did! Sounds pretty stupid coming from someone else, huh, you f****** idiot?”

At this point, the man saw me in the aisle over, watching. His face just went pale as snow.

Fiancé: “Learn some respect, and while you’re at it, try to find those brain cells you lost on the way!”

My fiancé walked away, and I immediately ran behind him. We got out of the store before the employee called security on us for his yelling. I didn’t hear anything behind me, but I also didn’t dare to look back.

Being very anxious about confrontations, I was pretty upset with my fiancé at first, but when I calmed down, I realized that it was him standing up for me and that it was pretty d*** funny, actually. We avoided that store for a good month and just went to one a bit further away after.

Related:
DE TING, DE TING!!!
Return Of De Ting
Needs More Blue On De Ting
Maybe He Is Looking For De Ting, And De Ting Is Blue?
The Slushie Is Blue And Blue On De Ting

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!