Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Can Point A Customer To The Signs, But You Can’t Make Them Read

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: chef_dad64 | December 14, 2022

I used to work at a gas station years ago. Like every other business in America (for the most part), we had signs on our door that let you know that you have to pull for the door to open, and then inside upon leaving, you would, of course, push to open them.

I have lost count of how many times (daily) people would park and walk up to the door, and even though it said, “PULL,” in big capital letters, would push the door only for it to just kind of halt them and rattle a bit.

From there, rather than pull the door open, instead, they would grab the door and start violently shaking the door aggressively for a good five seconds as if a horde of zombies was inches away from them and they were desperately trying to get inside.

Once the imaginary begging for mercy from the zombies was over, they would give up, pull calmly on the door, see that it just magically opened, and walk in with some kind of sly remark about what had just happened.

One day, I just decided to put ten paper arrows all pointing to the “PULL” signs on the door, thinking this would help, but no. Sadly, these “intelligent” people would continue to do the same stuff.

And finally, when they were inside, they would continue to remind me that it’s my fault cigarettes and gas are expensive. Or, they would complain to me that they were just in a town forty-five minutes away and their gas was thirty-five cents cheaper, as if they were subtly threatening to just go there instead if I (as the lowly cashier) didn’t use Dumbledore’s Elder Wand to magically make the gas prices cheaper.

The usual.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!