Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To Win The War Against Telemarketers, Part 29

, , , | Working | January 31, 2018

(I’m just minding my own business at home when I suddenly get a call:)

Scammer: “Hello, this is [Scammer] calling from [Fake Company] telling you that your computer has several terrible viruses.”

(I instantly know this is a scam, but I decide to play along.)

Me: “Oh, no! What should I do?!”

Scammer: “This is no problem; I’ll walk you through it.”

(He spends the next three minutes telling me what to do, while I pretend to do what he says, but in actuality, I just continue doing what I was doing. Once he’s done…)

Scammer: “Now, have you done it all?”

Me: “I’d say so, yes.”

Scammer: “No, it doesn’t seem like that; I can see your computer is still infected with viruses.”

Me: “Oh, is that so? Well, how about you walk me through it one more time?”

Scammer: “Sure. So, first…”

(Another three minutes later:)

Scammer: “Okay, have you now done everything?”

Me: “Yes.”

Scammer: “No, you haven’t. Have you even done anything I asked you? Do you want your computer to be infected with viruses?”

Me: “Can I confess something to you? I actually haven’t done any of that. And you know why? Because I know this was a scam. The whole time you’ve been talking, I’ve been playing an online game, reading short stories on the Internet, reading a fanfic, and looking up funny images on [site]. If my computer really was infected with viruses, I wouldn’t be able to do any of that. Ergo, this is a scam call, and I’ve been f****** with you and wasting your time. Also, this call is recorded, so I can look back and laugh at this, and this is going on the web. Any last words before I hang up?”

(Silence for a few seconds.)

Scammer: “SON OF A B****!”

Me: “That’s what I thought. Toodles, dumb-a**!” *hangs up*

Related:
How To Win The War Against Telemarketers, Part 28
How To Win The War Against Telemarketers, Part 27
How To Win The War Against Telemarketers, Part 26

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!