Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Which Is S’more Unlikely?

, , , , | Right | March 11, 2016

(I work evenings at a four-star hotel with a restaurant attached. We have gas fireplaces in every room. I am the only one left on shift, but luckily for me, the owner is here doing her monthly audit. The phone rings and I’m busy, so she picks it up.)

Owner: “Front desk, how may I help you?”

(I pause as I see her roll her eyes.)

Owner: “Yes, this is a manager speaking.”

(A small amount of time passes and she looks completely dumbfounded.)

Owner: “I’m sorry, sir, could you repeat that, please?” *pause* “Unfortunately, sir, there is nothing I can do for you at this time. I will have maintenance come take a look in the morning.” *pause* “Sir, not only am I unable to do that but I won’t. I will have maintenance look at it in the morning, and if there is damage, you will be charged a compensation fee. Have a nice night.” *hangs up*

Me: “What was that about?”

Owner: “Some jack-a** got drunk and tried to make s’mores in the fireplace. His marshmallow melted to the glass and now he wants a complimentary dinner for the trouble.”

Me: “Wow. Still not the strangest thing I’ve heard this week.”

(As if on cue the phone rings again. She picks it up.)

Owner: “Front desk.” *pause* “Yes, this is the owner speaking.”

(She pauses again and looks at the room number on the display.)

Owner: “PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON I DRINK!” *slams down the phone and looks at me* “How do you deal with this?”

Me: “Apparently, the same way you do.”


This story is part of our S’Mores Day roundup!

Read the first S’mores Day Roundup story!

Read the S’mores Day Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!