Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When You Effed Yourself

, , , , | Right | October 26, 2021

After some years, upper management is gradually transitioning me into a shift manager by granting me new tasks and responsibilities. One such privilege is being allowed to grant refunds, do discount overrides at the registers, and correct orders.

On a busy evening, I notice a woman in her early twenties standing to the side with an angry expression, looking like she is waiting to speak to someone. I approach her.

Me: “Did you need help?”

Customer: “F*** you.”

I walk away.

Customer: “You aren’t the person I ordered with. I don’t need your help.”

A few minutes later, the cashier that took her order appears and asks what’s wrong.

Customer: “I just now noticed this sign over there that says I can get this for [special], but you charged me the full price!”

Cashier: “Oh, I’m sorry! He can give you the discount and refund you the difference.” *Points to me*

She turns the color of a stop sign while slowly walking over to me.

Customer: “Um… hi…”

Me: “No, no, no… I asked you if you needed help, and what was your answer?”

Customer: “I didn’t know you were the manager or whatever in charge. But can you—”

Me: “Ma’am? Listen to the question. I asked you if you needed help, and what was your exact response? Quote it.”

Customer: *Pauses* “F*** you.”

Me: “There you go. Next in line, please!”


This story is part of our Best Of October 2021 roundup!

Read the next Best Of October 2021 roundup story!

Read the Best Of October 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!