Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Member Of The Impossible Demands Club

, , , | Right | CREDIT: madelenlee | October 26, 2021

I work in a hotel. When I got to work on Sunday, my manager told me that inventory was shut off because housekeeping needed to catch up from the weekend — we are crazy short-staffed. I was working alone, but Sundays are usually slow, so it was okay. All shift, I had people walking in or calling trying to book a room and I had to tell them all that we had no rooms available. One lady called a few times and was NOT having it.

Me: “Thank you for calling [Hotel]. This is [My Name]; how can I help you?

Lady: “Hey, do you have availability for tonight?”

Me: “Unfortunately, we do not have any more rooms to sell tonight.”

Lady: “UNBELIEVABLE!”

She hung up. I got a second phone call forty-five minutes later and gave my intro.

Lady: “Hi. My husband is a member. Can I make a reservation for tonight?”

Me: “I’m really sorry, but due to staffing issues, we had to close our inventory for the night, so I have no rooms available.”

Lady: “What do you mean? My husband is a member, and you can’t make me a reservation?”

Me: “No, I can’t.”

She hung up again. I got a third call twenty minutes later and gave my intro again.

Lady: “Hi. Are you the manager?”

Me: “I’m not, but I’m the only one here tonight, so what can I do for you?”

Lady: “Well, when I talked to you earlier, you said you had no rooms available due to no housekeepers, but I’m in front of your building right now and I only see seven cars! How are you filled up for the night? My husband is a member!

Me: “Housekeeping worked all day today to clean enough rooms for the reservations we already had for today. So, unfortunately, I have no other clean rooms.”

Lady: “This is ridiculous! You should have extra rooms available for your members! What is your manager’s name?!”

Me: “[Manager]. She’ll be here at 8:00 am tomorrow.”

Lady: “Oh, no. I’m calling corporate.”

She hung up again. I left out a lot of her ranting, but MAN, this woman was wild. I couldn’t even make her a reservation if I wanted to; the computer literally wouldn’t let me. And why do people think being a member means anything? All it takes to be a member is to give us your email and zip code. I’m just glad she called from her car and didn’t come talk to me at the front desk.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!