Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Even Pooping Is A Luxury

, , , , , , , , | Right | October 26, 2021

I turn in my notice to a retail job and am working my last two weeks. A lady comes through with a small child, maybe two years old, and is only buying diapers and garbage bags.

After going through SEVERAL cards and all of them getting declined, she is getting frustrated but remaining polite. She is digging through her purse yet again but can find no other method of payment.

I see no nearby supervisors and so I look at the lady.

Me: “Okay, this is what was going to happen. I am going to take $40 out of my wallet and hand it to you, and then you are going to hand it back to me and I am going to put it in the register.”

Before the lady can respond, I have my wallet out and hand her the money. She takes it rather hesitantly but then hands it back. I put it in my till, hand her what little change there is and the receipt, and wish her a wonderful evening.

Customer: *Starting to cry* “Thank you so much! I am going to tell your manager about you!”

I asked her not to. She did end up telling the supervisor that I was extremely helpful with her order, but thankfully, she left it vague which is fine. I just wasn’t going to let that kid go home without diapers.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!