Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Even Mother Nature Is Telling Them To Shut Up

, , , , , , , | Right | May 17, 2022

I am selling British-style fish and chips at the beach. They are very popular with the beachgoers… and the seagulls! I warn everyone to be careful around the critters when walking away with their food, but there’s always one person…

Customer: “A seagull stole my fish!”

Me: “Yikes! Yeah, they do tend to do that.”

The customer just stares at me.

Me: “Was there anything else, ma’am?”

Customer: “Well? Aren’t you going to do anything?”

Me: “Would you like to buy another fish?”

Customer: “You need to give me another one for free!”

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, but it’s a natural hazard for being on a busy beach. You need to watch out for the seagulls.”

Customer: “You work on the beach! The seagulls are part of the beach! Therefore, they’re your responsibility, and you owe me another fish!”

At this point, a seagull has landed close to the moaning customer and started honking super loudly. Another customer in my line speaks up to the moaning customer:

Customer #2: “When I can’t tell the difference between a honking seagull and an entitled blowhard like you, then you should take the hint. Go away!”

The moaning customer, shocked into silence for a moment, was about to kick off again when yet ANOTHER seagull flew down and started honking. Realizing she was defeated, she harrumphed and stormed off.

The birds followed her.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!