Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Well, Dam, That’s Demanding!

, , , , , | Right | November 20, 2023

I’m an air steward, and the captain has just made an announcement to the plane.

Captain: “To those passengers who are sitting on the left side of the plane, even at cruising altitude, you can make out the Hoover Dam below us. Enjoy the view!”

A minute later, I get a call from a passenger sitting on the right side of the plane.

Passenger: “That’s not fair!”

Me: “Pardon me, sir?”

Passenger: “The passengers on that side of the plane got to see the Hoover Dam! How come we don’t get to see it?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but the route we’re taking happens to have the dam on the left of the plane. The captain was just making sure those passengers who could take advantage of the view had an opportunity to see it.”

Passenger: “Well… turn the plane around!”

Me: “Sir?”

Passenger: “If the passengers on that side of the plane get to see it, then we should get to see it, too!”

Me: “Sir, this is not a sightseeing flight. Our obligation is to get you to your destination on time, not to make sure you spot landmarks on the way.”

Passenger: “But it’s not fair!”

Me: “Sir, you’re not even sitting at a window seat. The two passengers next to you would need to move if you wanted to get a view. Also, at this section of the plane, all you’d be seeing is the wing.”

Passenger: “Then this is a badly designed plane!”

Me: “Sir, you’re safely being shuttled halfway across the planet in less than half a day, and you’ve been able to enjoy eating a hot risotto and three cans of beer while doing so. The plane is fine.” 

He sat there and stewed for the rest of the flight.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!