Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Really Admire That Dog

, , , , , | Related | January 21, 2021

We have two older dogs. My boy has a bad leg and is a complete pushover. My girl is going blind, has a well-managed chronic pain condition, and knows she’s queen bee. We have two dog beds in front of the TV. One is snuggly and the other is firm for when too many blankets would make it difficult for one of them to get up. 

This evening, I am watching TV and my boy is in the snuggly bed, having earlier pulled his favourite blanket from the firm one and into the snuggly one, and my girl is in the firm one. She decides she wants some comfort and climbs into the snuggly bed, lying on top of his bad leg. He gets up and glares at her. 

Then, he goes deliberately into the kitchen to my dad. Dad assumes he wants out and opens the back door. My girl can’t resist a chance to go outside and immediately gets up and trots outside. My boy turns round and gets back in the bed she just vacated. 

Who says dogs don’t have good reasoning skills?


This story is part of the Editors’ Choice 2021 roundup!

Read the next Editors’ Choice 2021 roundup story!

Read the Editors’ Choice 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!