Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Hope He Gets Snow Down His Pants

, , , , , , , | Working | January 5, 2023

For my first studio job out of college, I worked at a high-end video production company doing animation and motion graphics. My coworker and I would go above and beyond, working so much overtime. (And we didn’t get paid for it. If I knew then what I know now…)

Our studio was working on a huge live event, doing multiple giant screen graphics, and we had worked for twenty-four days straight. Twenty-four days. Straight. (Never again.)

The event wrapped, we did solid work, and everyone was happy! I had the audacity to ask for a few days off in the middle of the week for my coworker and me.

Creative Director: “No. Just in case something comes up.”

We literally had no projects on the docket. Then, [Creative Director] came at me.

Creative Director: “I need you to do some motion work for [Video] by tomorrow morning.”

I was a little miffed but got right to work on it. I stayed late to get it done.

The next morning, I went to hand in the file to him. He was nowhere to be seen. 

Me: “Hey, where is [Creative Director]?” 

Other Coworker: “He went snowboarding.”

I had murder in my heart.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!