Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wait Until He Discovers Dad Joke Videos

, , , , , , | Related | April 28, 2024

My dad was not exactly the most technologically up-to-date person in the world. Jokes went around his workplace to check for white-out on computer monitors after Dad had to type up reports.

Dad learned the wonders of the Internet and Googling sometime after 2016 when he retired and had time to sit at his own computer and play around.

In 2018, two years after retiring, my dad came into my room.

Dad: *Excited* “Guess what I found!”

Me: *Full of dread* “Um, no idea.”

Dad: “There’s an entire website dedicated to homemade videos that tell you how to do all sorts of things! Anything from gold panning to how to change a tire!”

Me: *Trying hard not to laugh* “Ah, yes, YouTube. Yeah, Dad, that’s been a thing since about 2005.”

For months afterward, I heard Dad (formerly a cabinet maker and landscaper) yelling at videos about how some random person on YouTube was doing a woodworking project wrong or making it harder on themselves when demonstrating how to landscape their yard.

The funny thing was that I had talked about YouTube for years and had even shown Dad funny videos. But discovering it on his own was like he had hunted down a treasure chest.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!