Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Universal Knowledge Is Not Found In University

, , , , , | Friendly | October 27, 2017

(I’m walking around uni with a friend of mine. We’re walking towards the library and we pass by the boardroom next door. A meeting looks to have just finished inside and the people start coming out. One of them, a large man who looks to be in his 50s or 60s, suddenly approaches my friend with a big smile.)

Man: “[Friend], how are you?! It’s good to see you.”

Friend: “I’m well, thanks. How are you?”

Man: “I’m great. Wow, it’s been ages. I didn’t realise you attended uni here.”

Friend: “Yeah, for two years now. What brings you here?”

Man: “I’m on the university board. We were just having a meeting. What are you studying?”

Friend: “I.T.”

Man: “Oh, yeah, you were always good with computers. Say, how’s your mum?”

Friend: “She’s doing well. She’s started teaching again.”

Man: “Great. And how are [Friend’s Little Brother] and [Friend’s Little Sister]? They must be getting pretty old now.”

Friend: “Yeah, [Brother] is six and [Sister] is four.”

Man: “Wow, how time flies. Anyway, I’ve got to go. It was great seeing you again. Tell your mum I said hi, won’t you?”

Friend: “Sure thing. See you around.”

(The man turns and walks away as my friend and I begin walking up the library steps. As soon as we’re out of earshot of the man…)

Friend: “I have absolutely no idea who that was.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!