Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unable To Identify The Obvious

, , , , | Right | September 30, 2017

(I work at a location that is a combo BBQ restaurant and convenience store. It is because of this that we have two separate liquor licenses for the restaurant and the convenience store, and we are very strict about keeping them separate. Due to the fact that many choose to get their alcohol in the convenience store side, I have to be the bearer of bad news a lot. A guest comes up to the counter with three other men, with his arms literally full of beer.)

Me: “Are you going to be drinking these on the premises?”

Guest: “Yes.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but if you are going to be drinking these on the premises, I have to limit all alcoholic drinks to two per person.”

Guest: “Oh, but there’s a big group of us on the patio.”

Me: “I understand, sir, but I will need to see everyone up here, and I will need to see everyone’s ID to confirm they are of legal drinking age.”

Guest: *starts telling one of the other guys with him to collect everyone’s IDs*

Me: “Oh, I will need to see everyone with their own ID.”

Guest: “Wait. Why?”

Me: “Because I need to see if it is theirs?”

Guest: “But why do they need to be up here?”

Me: “So I can see if they match up with their picture on the ID? That’s how an ID generally works.”

Guest: “Oh.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!