Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time To Invent(ory) An Excuse To Leave

, , , , , | Working | April 9, 2018

Inventory is done late at night after we close. It takes eight hours and is always a headache. We have an inventory company that scans and counts all our items. Employees are on hand to double-check their counts and help with any issues.

This inventory was a perfect storm. Everything that could go wrong did. The inventory company was late. They couldn’t connect their controls to our Internet for at least an hour.

Two of the inventory company employees came to blows over a miscount and had to work at opposite ends of the store.

Two more were caught smoking illegal drugs and were immediately kicked off the premises.

One lady would periodically pick an employee to tearfully hug and absolutely no one found this weird or told her to stop.

Another was making a mess of the clothing tables and cussed out the store manager when asked to clean up after himself. (The store manager cussed him out right back and kicked him out after the druggies.)  

I recently learned I have unused vacation time. I’m using it during next inventory season.


This story is part of our India roundup!

Read the next India Roundup story!

Read the India roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!