Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Story Is Not Framed Well

, , , , , , | Working | November 17, 2019

I went to a popular chain of opticians to get my eyes checked and get a new set of glasses.

The first visit, they told me that I could get the same style as my old frames but with new lenses. I was told to come back in one week to pick them up.

I came back and was told that they did not have my glasses as the frames were discontinued. They told me to pick out new frames, which I did. I was then told to pick them up in a week.

I came back a week later, only to be told that they only had one of the two frames I wanted in stock, and then it had broken in the workshop. I was then told that the new frames were discontinued and I had to pick another set of frames… again.

I was calm but frustrated and picked a new set of frames. This time, I was told to come back in one hour.

I went off for lunch and came back. A red-faced manager handed me my new glasses and a receipt for a full refund for both frames and the one-hour rush.

When I went back for my contact lenses appointment, I asked about the sales assistant that had helped me pick out my glasses as she wasn’t there.

It turns out she had been put on probation and then later fired because she kept restocking the shop floor with old discontinued stock, and then not phoning customers when their orders failed on the system.

At least it explained my troubles.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!