Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is A Mental Health Support Agency?!

, , , , , , | Working | CREDIT: dwhutt | October 21, 2022

I work for an AWFUL mental health support agency. I was injured by a client at work in June and was on WorkCover (basically workman’s comp) for twelve weeks. I recently tried to go back but found that my mental health had really declined due to the toxic workplace and upper management not caring about anything other than money.

Last week, I was in a Zoom meeting. I was juggling my three-year-old at the same time but trying my best. After said Zoom meeting, my manager’s manager called my personal phone and gave me an informal warning because I wasn’t smiling.

Manager: “This informal warning will become a formal one if you can’t present as an enthusiastic team member.”

The manager then promptly reassigned me to be directly under her, taking me away from my team and any contact with anyone other than her.

Yesterday, I missed one call while in the bathroom, and [Manager] sent a long email about her role versus my role, etc., telling me basically what a pleb I am and telling me that my injury wasn’t that bad.

Manager: “People who have been assaulted more seriously than you have come back much faster!”

That’s because they bully us if we don’t return.

Now she needed to know my progress and whereabouts every day, even though I’m currently on a ten-hour contract on admin duties.

She started receiving emails every eight to ten minutes about what I was doing in my work, including if I was taking a toilet break, what program I was using, and who I’d just spoken to, as well as questions like, “I know your email said you’d like me to contact all staff, but I just need to clarify, you want EVERYONE to receive it?” And so on.

She stopped responding by 11:00 am and would like to reassign me back to my original boss by next week.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!