Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Students Are Fine; It’s The Parents Who’ll Drive You Crazy

, , , , , , , , | Learning | January 11, 2024

I had been a private driving instructor for over twelve years when this happened. This was different than driving classes given at high schools. I mostly worked with private schools.

I had a student whom I picked up at her private high school for her lesson. We had a ninety-minute class, and she was dropped off at home.

Out came Mom from Entitled Land with three of the girl’s friends.

Mom: “I need you to take these girls to a basketball game. They have their parents’ permission.”

Me: “No! You had to sign a contract with us giving your permission, and our insurance only covers the person named in that contract.”

She started getting snarky with me.

Mom: “I promised them all they could go!”

Me: “I want to reiterate that we aren’t legally allowed to do that. Besides, this isn’t a taxi or a [Rideshare].”

The mom stood in front of my car, called my boss, and started giving him a hard time.

Boss: “Sorry, but that’s absolutely not happening.”

Mom: “Fine! Then I want my money back for all the classes I prepaid for!”

This was class number five out of six.

Boss: “That’s not happening, either. Now, leave [My Name] alone; they have another class to go to.”

It was unbelievable how rude and nasty she was in front of those teens.

I didn’t do class number six, though. My boss decided he’d finish up in case the mom decided to continue to be out of line.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!