Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Squeaky Wheel Gets Their Internet Back

, , , , , , | Working | October 5, 2023

I live in a small town in the middle of the USA, and I have an office for my accounting business. I have Internet for my office and home with the largest telephone company, as well as land-based phones. My office relies solely on the Internet for me to perform my services.

The Internet started dropping and rebooting several times during my work day, as well as doing the same after hours and on weekends at home. I called the company about my problem.

After the automated “tech” tried to correct the problem, I finally got to talk to a live person. A work order was made and a tech sent. Problem solved? Not at all.

Eventually, I found out that my Internet at both places was dropping throughout whole days, at least 100 times in a thirty-day period. This was causing a problem at work, especially.

I went on the Internet (when it was working) and filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission. The very next morning, I received a call from a vice president of the phone company, expressing their sorrow and promising to correct the problem.

After two more techs tried, a third was sent out, found the problem, and fixed it.

Amazing what a complaint will accomplish.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!