Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Nightshift Is Dark And Full Of Terrors

, , , , | Right | April 14, 2023

For a few months, I worked the 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm shift at a hotel, and I met some interesting people.

It’s a fairly busy night. We still have some rooms left to sell, but my manager has told us to not take any walk-in reservations. A guest comes up to the desk.

Guest: “Excuse me. Do you have any rooms available?”

Me: “We do not, ma’am, but there are several other hotels in the area that may have availability because we are in the middle of downtown.”

She gets annoyed and walks away.

Ten minutes later, I am finishing up a phone call with a guest who is having issues with Wi-Fi, and the same lady walks up.

Guest: “Do you have any rooms available tonight?

Me: “Ma’am, as I have mentioned we do not.”

Guest: “Well, who were you on the phone with, then?!”

Me: “It was a guest staying here with us, ma’am. As I have mentioned, we are in the middle of downtown, so there are other rooms available at other hotels.”

She storms off but comes back fifteen minutes later after I have just finished checking in a guest who had a prior reservation.

Guest: “Do you have any rooms available?!”

Me: “No, ma’am, we do not.”

Guest: “Well, why were you checking in that other person?!”

Me: “She made a reserve—”

The guest walked away and didn’t come back.

Later on, I was telling one of my coworkers about it, and she said that the lady did the same thing to her, as well. I am so glad I work from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm now.


If you think this (potential) hotel guest was bad, check out 11 Of The Weirdest Hotel Guests Ever!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!