Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thanks For Being Lazy, Teach!

, , , , , | Learning | March 22, 2023

When I was in college, I was a full-time student and full-time night shift employee in an industrial company.

I was going for a degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and one of the required classes was a two-hour nothing computer class. It was the only class that fall semester.

A couple of days after finals, I checked my grade that was posted in those days on the hall wall next to the class. I had an A. I mentioned to one of my coworkers how good I felt getting an A. Another coworker, having overheard me, said he got an A also. The crazy thing was that he never went to class — I never saw him there — and he was sure he had dropped it.

A few days after that, he caught up with me at work that night and explained how we both received As.

Coworker: “[Professor] booked a ski trip to Colorado and didn’t grade the finals; he just put an incomplete for everyone. A girl who wanted to graduate at the end of the semester went to administration and had a fit because she had a job lined up and had to have her degree. Administration called the professor and told him to get back to campus and grade the finals and enter grades. He didn’t want to interrupt his trip, so he called his office assistant and told her to give everybody an A.”

I certainly didn’t object.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!