Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Stop Terrorizing Our Customers!

, , , , , , , | Right | February 9, 2024

I am working the customer service desk, and a concerned-looking customer approaches me.

Customer: “I think there might be some Taliban in the store!”

Me: *Hoping I had misheard* “I’m sorry, some what in the store?”

Customer: “Taliban! Terrorists!”

Nope. Sadly, I did not mishear. I sigh internally.

Me: “And what makes you think that, sir?”

Customer: “I saw some people come in, and one of them had that towel thing on their head! Look, there he is now!”

He points, and I sigh outwardly this time.

Me: “Sir, that’s a Sikh.”

Customer: “Seeking what?”

Me: “Probably groceries?”

Customer: “What?”

Me: “That’s not a terrorist, sir. That’s just someone who wears a turban as part of their religion, and he’s going about his day just like you are.”

Customer: “So, you’re not going to keep an eye on him?”

I try not to get involved in politics, but I can’t help but notice that this guy has a Confederate flag tattoo on his forearm. I’d best try not to argue back.

Me: “Thank you for bringing this to our attention, sir. Please go about your shopping and leave this with us.”

Customer: “You’d better do something about it!”

He finally leaves, and I feel like I should alert my manager as my years of experience in retail are giving me a feeling that this might not be over.

Lo and behold, less than half an hour later, my manager is called over due to an “altercation” at the self-checkout. I glance over, and I can see Mr. Confederate verbally abusing our Sikh customer.

My manager and the cashier later relayed to me how the conversation went down.

Manager: “Sir, I have told you twice to stop bothering our customers. Please leave the store.”

Customer: “But look at him! If he didn’t want to be bothered, he shouldn’t dress so suspicious and un-American!”

Manager: “Sir, are you saying I should kick out customers if they look suspicious enough to the point where they could be a threat to America?”

Customer: “Yes!”

Manager: “I’m glad we agree! I would like you to leave based on your presenting a flag that was recently associated with an attempted take-down of our government.”

Customer: “You can’t do that! I’m a real American! I was born here!”

Sikh Customer: “I was born in Chicago, a**hole!”

Manager: “Get out, sir.”

I was told the customer finally did leave, cursing the whole way. My manager apologized to the Sikh customer, but he actually thanked the manager, saying it was rare for someone to stand up for him and that he’d earned a loyal customer that day!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!