Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sorry, Mom, But Mario Is In Another Castle

, , , , , | Right | September 5, 2023

It’s Christmas, so shopping is always a bit frantic at this time of year. A frazzled-looking woman comes up to the counter.

Customer: “Can you tell me if you guys have Mario Kart for the PlayStation 5?”

Me: “Are you sure you don’t mean the Switch?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Is your console a tall white box with a black stripe, or a small pad with a screen?”

Customer: “Ugh, it’s a tall white box! My son said he wanted Mario Kart for the PS5. I’m sure you guys have it. Look it up.”

Me: “That game doesn’t exist. Nintendo makes the Switch and also owns the rights to Mario. There wouldn’t be a Mario Kart game for any other system other than a Nintendo-made one. Sony makes the PlayStation 5.”

Customer: “My son knows video games! What would some stupid teen know, anyway?!”

Me: “Okay, I’ll search our system.”

At this point, I fake-type on the computer.

Me: “Sorry, the system says the game doesn’t exist and you won’t find it in any of our stores.”

Customer: “You guys are idiots! How can my eight-year-old son know more than you do! I’ll take my business to [Other Video Game Store] where they are professionals!”

All my coworkers had a good laugh. If only I were as smart as her eight-year-old.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!