Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sometimes It Takes A Jerk To Take On A Jerk

, , , , , , , , | Right | May 6, 2024

My coworker is serving a table with a couple and their child, about eleven years old or so. They order an apple juice for the kid, and [Coworker] brings it over in an adult glass.

Father: “I don’t want my kid to have all that sugar! Bring her a kid-sized drink!”

Coworker: “Sir, the glasses are the same size. The adult size just looks bigger because they have thick bottoms.”

Father:Are you blind?! That adult glass is clearly bigger, and like I said, I don’t want my kid to have all that sugar!” 

My coworker is a bit of an a**hole. He gave the man a super deliberate exaggerated nod, said nothing, and marched to our little service alley behind the bar. He reemerged with a kids’ cup and set it down beside the adult glass. Then he picked up the adult and poured the juice into the kids’ cup, lifting it progressively higher until the last drops were dropped from like a foot over the glass.

He then darted the f*** off to the kitchen without even looking at the father, like he didn’t even exist. It was a challenge trying not to smile as I witnessed that!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!